Pandemic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Chaos Brotherhood
Modern Warfare 2 - Best game ever? EmptyTue 02 Apr 2013, 1:35 am by bluebirdmatt

» My first post
Modern Warfare 2 - Best game ever? EmptySat 16 Jul 2011, 5:24 am by Guest

» Europa Embassy
Modern Warfare 2 - Best game ever? EmptyWed 13 Jul 2011, 9:42 pm by Winged Wolf

» Gamestrafe
Modern Warfare 2 - Best game ever? EmptyTue 14 Jun 2011, 11:17 am by Bassie999

» *NSFW* Superbabes *NSFW*
Modern Warfare 2 - Best game ever? EmptyMon 09 May 2011, 11:40 am by Bassie999

» The Skippy List
Modern Warfare 2 - Best game ever? EmptySun 13 Mar 2011, 9:38 pm by BurnBabyBurn

» Driving and Drugs
Modern Warfare 2 - Best game ever? EmptyWed 02 Feb 2011, 12:31 am by Ashen

» Top 100 Things I’d Do If I Was An Evil Overlord
Modern Warfare 2 - Best game ever? EmptyMon 24 Jan 2011, 10:24 am by Bassie999

» The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny w/ lyrics
Modern Warfare 2 - Best game ever? EmptyTue 18 Jan 2011, 4:33 pm by Ashen

Modern Warfare 2 - Best game ever?

+2
Ashen
Bassie999
6 posters

Go down

Modern Warfare 2 - Best game ever? Empty Modern Warfare 2 - Best game ever?

Post by Bassie999 Fri 23 Apr 2010, 1:49 pm

Call of duty - Modern warfare 2 has sold so many copies, that's it's now officially recorded in the Guinness World Record book.

http://community.guinnessworldrecords.com/_Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-Most-Successful-Entertainment-Launch-of-All-Time/BLOG/2308082/7691.html

I like the game, but best game ever? Not sure. What do you think?
Bassie999
Bassie999
Admin

Number of posts : 1075
Alliance : Non Grata
Function in the Alliance : member
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 2 - Best game ever? Empty Re: Modern Warfare 2 - Best game ever?

Post by Ashen Fri 23 Apr 2010, 9:23 pm

Haven't played it yet. School work keeps me busy enough I haven't justified the money for it. Maybe this summer I'll take the time to get and play it.
Ashen
Ashen

Number of posts : 974
Alliance : Pandemic
Function in the Alliance : Minister of Defense / Diplomat / Ambassador
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Flinty Sat 24 Apr 2010, 1:54 am

I played it. The story was very cool, I don't think it was as jaw-dropping as the first as they set the bar pretty high. One of the areas it absolutely sucks is the multiplayer support. The 360 version is rife with cheats, hacks and they don't seem to care.

Now some of the developers have forked off and created Respawn Entertainment; including Jason West andVince Zampella who created CoD.

Flinty

Number of posts : 13
Alliance : I have no Alliance.
Function in the Alliance : To destroy all.
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashen Sat 24 Apr 2010, 9:19 pm

Ahh, how is the multiplayer PC?
Ashen
Ashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassie999 Sun 25 Apr 2010, 9:28 am

It's ok, but I really did have to get used to the colors and shading. It's different from BF2142 (which I still play a lot), and I had (still have) many problems identifying eneemies and shooting them. Also, there's virtuay no place to hide, so not a really nice game if you like playing as a sniper. Unless you like the adrenaline of knowing you can (and will) be caught every second...
Bassie999
Bassie999
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashen Sun 25 Apr 2010, 8:13 pm

Anyone know how it compares to BF:BC2? I get mixed reviews, but some say BF:BC2 is top notch. I still have an aversion to EA though. Since I got fed up with 2142 I haven't picked up another EA game - yeah i know I'm missing a few nice ones too.
I heard rumors that Steam was going to offer EA titles, but I have not looked in a few months to confirm this. If they do, then it may be worth opening back up to EA.
Ashen
Ashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassie999 Mon 26 Apr 2010, 1:24 pm

Don't know about Steam, agree with you on EA. I still play their games, though... Too addicted to stop... Sad

I haven't seen BF:BC2 yet. Is / will that be available for PC as well? I also heard that that one is going to be great, top of the bill, super, etc. So I'm looking forward to it.
Bassie999
Bassie999
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarcoated556 Tue 27 Apr 2010, 6:15 pm

MW2 is awesome, BC2 is good, but for me..... it's still halo

I'm brian by the way nice to meet you all!

sugarcoated556

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Flinty Tue 27 Apr 2010, 6:42 pm

sugarcoated556 wrote:MW2 is awesome, BC2 is good, but for me..... it's still halo

I'm brian by the way nice to meet you all!

Yeah BC2 is good. I just like playing a game which has vehicles in, again. Just picked up the DLC the other day.

Flinty

Number of posts : 13
Alliance : I have no Alliance.
Function in the Alliance : To destroy all.
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashen Sat 01 May 2010, 7:22 pm

Nice to meet you Brian
Ashen
Ashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassie999 Sun 02 May 2010, 5:56 pm

OK, I got BC2 yesterday, and played it several hours. It's.... nice. Probably better tha MW2, but mainly because I like the setting (war vs. terrorist) better. The controls I still have to get used too, and what I'm missing most is that you can't lay down when you're wniping. It's standing or crouching.

I'll inform you further after a couple of more hours tonight (yes, it's addictive).
Bassie999
Bassie999
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashen Sun 02 May 2010, 8:59 pm

Cool, keep us posted
Ashen
Ashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassie999 Mon 03 May 2010, 10:28 am

I played the single player for some time yesterday evening. That was easier, because my wife kept on bugging me and distractigng me with "important talk". Playing single player was easier, because I could put that on pause.

In fact, it's fun that they put in a full fledge single player game. You can toy around with the different waepons, get used to the environments and practice your aim a little bit. Due to my computer restraints, I have the video settings on low, but the game still looks very good. Sound is also pretty OK: I'm usually playing with headphones on, and when I got hit, I really got hit? Even the ear buzzing after an explosion was very good, and made it sound very real.

Comparing MW2 and BC2, playing MW2 makes me a little more nervous. That is because in MW2, there are always more than 2 ways that an enemy can come up behind you and the maps are pretty small. That doesn't allow you to wait and hit, e.g. playing as a sniper in MW2 is very difficult. The environments are also distracting. I still have difficulties seeing the target. Perhaps that's the intention, but I seem to be the only one havng troubles with it, because the enemies almost always see me, and I never see them... It's also not so nice that 1 shot will get you killed, which means that you hardly get into the fights, because you have to respawn all the time. Respawn times are very short though, and perhaps if you get more expereienced in it, you will also get more kills. I'm just not there yet.

MW2 graphics are great, though and sound as well. I don't see that much difference between MW2 and BC2, except that the settings are different, which means that the huge explosions in BC2 you will not hear in MW2. The flashbangs in MW2 are coole though.

BC2 just seems to be more my type of game. I'm used to the Battlefield games anyhow, and I just love the sniping, as well as the squad play. I have to get used to the controls though, and I need to look if I can change any of that. For example, knifing in BC2 is done by clicking the middle mouse button. But if I do that, it automatically rolls to the next weapon. It takes some practice to do that, and the single player version was a nice practice for that (I failed a mission 5 or 6 times, because I had to knife someone silently, but every time I shot him, instead of knifing him, because I pressed the mouse button too hard). And I miss the laying down option as well.

Comparison:

Graphics: Equal, both are very good

Sound: Equal (when playing with headphones)

Environment: For me BC2, I like the war type settings

Waepons: Similar, but not the same. In both you start with standard stuff, but in both you can upgrade. So far, I have only been upgraded a little bit in BC2, but if you will be able to get the weapons from the single player version, there's a couple of nice ones waiting. MW2 usually is one shot kill with any type of weapon, BC2 you can get one shot kills as a sniper, but more difficult with other weapons.

Updates: MW2 works with Steam, and that's a very nice way of keeping your games up to date. BC2 is EA... (need I say more?!)

Maps: MW2 maps are relatively small, with maximum of 12 players (could be maps with 18, not sure), which gives the impression of high speed action. BC2 goes up to 32 players, with larger maps.

Extra: BC2 has vehicles in it, that you can drive or fly. Tanks are quite indestructible though (but there are not many of them), and helicopters are far less dominating that in other Battlefield versions (which I think is a good thing!).
In MW2 a player can get an upgrade while he's playing (e.g. sending rockets from the sky after a kill strek of 3 or 4). In BC2 anyone can stand behind the UAV counter and launch a UAV attack.

Opinion: I think I will play BC2 more often than MW2. In fact, I think I will play BF2 even more often than MW2. And probably I will play TF2 more often than MW2.

Why? I think I'm a pretty OK player in BF. But somehow, these skills are ignored or inverted when I'm playing MW2! Maybe I'm just too slow for MW2, or too old... (I'm 36).

EDIT: What I forgot to add is that in BC2 you can demolish everything. Really everything! All buildings, trees, vehicles... Wall by wall, floor by floor, everything can be broken. This also mens that if you think you found a nice hiding spot, you can forget it: the wall can be blown away, or the buidling you're on can crash down.

The funny thing in the single player BC2 is that it refers a lot to MW2. I liked it when Haggs says: "I'm glad we have real weapons, not some douchebags' heartbeat sensor gun"...
Bassie999
Bassie999
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashen Tue 04 May 2010, 9:56 pm

HEHE, both sound pretty cool.
Ashen
Ashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassie999 Wed 05 May 2010, 11:27 am

I have meetings with people from the different multinationals around here every once in a while. And guys, I had a meeting with someone of EA yesterday (they have their regional headquarters / trading company here in Geneva).

She was a tax person, like me, and she wasn't much into the technical side of gaming and game development, but I told her nevertheless that I loved their games It's just a pity that EA screws up on the updates, bugfixing and general support. She may bring me some nice tools and EA stuff next time we meet (end of June). king

Just thought I'd mention it...
Bassie999
Bassie999
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashen Fri 07 May 2010, 1:33 am

That would be sweet is you could walk away with gear!
Ashen
Ashen

Back to top Go down

Post by Forgottenonez Fri 07 May 2010, 3:31 am

I prefer Halo over all shooting games because its harder to kill people and when theres 16 people playing there nothing but explosions. I like it when everything goes boom.
Forgottenonez
Forgottenonez

Number of posts : 991
Alliance : Sajasabie
Function in the Alliance : Minister of Internal Affairs - Emeritus
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato1 Fri 07 May 2010, 7:59 am

I prefer Team Fortress 2.

Extremely chaotic.
Minato1
Minato1

Number of posts : 115
Function in the Alliance : Minister of Recruitment
Registration date : 2009-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Bassie999 Fri 07 May 2010, 9:09 am

TF2 is fun. Pyro is still my favorite, probably becaus it's the easiest to play with. Although sometimes playing as heavy is also fun, and if you can find a good sentry gun spot, engineer can get you a lot of points as well.

I finished BC2 singel player, and it's a bit an anti-climax at the end. Great levels and nce shooting etc., but the last level is just jumping out of a plane and kill a guy with a gun. The End. Very simple, and not very satisfactory.

Multiplayer is great though. Enjoying it more and more.
Bassie999
Bassie999
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum